Cue Fade With Multiple LEDs #5198

I think having students communicate their work and understanding is an important part of the learning process. By encouraging students to do this, it increases students desire to share and work together. Excellent idea!

1 Like

Great lesson, but it definitely tested my patience level with getting wires into correct locations. However, I have discovered that there is some wiggle room as to where you place items.
This does not align directly with curriculum, but it would work as a fantastic writing assignment. Students would explain how they would use what they learned in the real world. How is this knowledge purposeful?
Students would need a lot of help with this activity and I would have magnifiers and ViseoBooks around for students to magnify items. This is another activity that I would have individuals or pairs working with an adult.
I would very carefully introduce this activity and have the sketch loaded and ready to go.
Students are actively listening, asking questions, and working as a team with their assigned adult and classmate.

I love the tip of using a watch battery to test LEDs first. It is actually very helpful for using any types of electricity components. I remember being a first year teacher trying to teach electricity. Every item that could possibly be dead or broken, was indeed dead or broken.