Laser Particle Counter #4817

This is a discussion for the Laser Particle Counter Experiment. Feel free to connect with the Learning Team here, or to discuss experiment tips, ask questions, leave comments or suggest experiment variations here.
Laser-Counter-Cropped

Link to the Laser Particle Counter Webinar, recorded February 2018: Laser Particle Counter Webinar - February 2017 - YouTube

Well, I could not get a value other than “0” to show on the display. The only laser pointer I have is the laser “tower” from my Lazer Maze game which I happened to have at home this weekend, so that might be part of the problem. I tried the calibration routine in the lesson, but that did not work. Anyone else having trouble with this one?

I do believe, if I could get the set-up correct, my students would really enjoy this. Could combine this with a robotics lesson in which we are investigating the surface of Mars with the robot representing a Mars rover. The laser could indicate an unsafe area. Would probably want to do the extension lesson to create an “alarm” when the danger area is approached.