Introduce yourself!

Hi Ardusat Community

A little about me, and my interest in STEM

My name is Carlos Fiebig and I am a Software Engineer at Austral University in Chile. I’m mentoring a course for high schools in the area about space technologies, and of course we use the Ardusat space kit, to teach our students about sensor, satelites and all related.

3 Likes

Hi guys, my name is Rodrigo and i’m currently studying computer engineer at Southern University of Chile and i’m part of a group named R.E.A.L Group (Robotic & Environmental Algorithms Laboratory) and i was referred by Carlos Fiebig (@CFiebig ). As Carlos said we are doing a course about space technologies using the Ardusat Space kit.

Facebook page: R.E.A.L Group

PS. I couldn’t upload more photos. As new user I’m restricted. Sorry!!

Greetings from Chile.

4 Likes

Saw you at CSTA in Sacramento!

4 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Wendy. I teach physics in Sacramento, California to high school juniors and seniors. The Ardusat looks very interesting after seeing it at the CSTA. It seems like it can have so many applications in the classroom. Looking forward to seeing more ideas on how it can be used!

4 Likes

HI! I stopped by your booth at the CSTA conference and then attended your presentation. I teach 8th grade Science at a school that has a Science and Technology focus and we use the space shuttle as part of our logo. I’ve been looking for something that would link our curriculum and the new NGSS standards to the theme of our school. I am really interested in ways my students can use Ardusat to show them how space can be accessible to them. We may not be able to take a field trip to space, but space can come to us through your devices. I look forward to learning more about them and to figuring out how my students will do this!
Balloon

6 Likes

Hi @MThorburn (Maralee)! I’m so glad you stopped by the booth and came to the presentation. We had a blast at CSTA. Feel free to reach out anytime if you want to talk about curriculum and implementation questions!

1 Like

Hi @wendy! Thanks for visiting us at CSTA. I’m happy to brainstorm more ideas how this can be used in the classroom and getting your feedback on the direction we are heading. Let me know if you want to chat sometime. ben.n@ardusat.com

-Ben.N

1 Like

Greetings O’ Ardusat enthusiasts!

I’m a serious newbie to all this but very excited and jazzed to be working Ardusat into my new NGSS integrated curriculum or, at the very least, as part of my after school Electric Club. I teach 8th grade physical science but am bummed no electronics are included in the standards (hence the club).

My colleague got me into Ardusat last year. Apparently your very own Maureen was once her student (Mrs. Williams says Hi!). Of course, I don’t actually OWN one yet, but Ardusats feature in my grand plans for the near future. Your CSTA presentations seriously sealed the deal for me. Thanks guys!

I’m specifically interested in using the Ardusat sensors to validate and quantify an rocket launcher/lunar lander/egg drop project based unit for physics and astronomy. In the future I will be very interested in connecting to the satellite array and using data to have my kids study space.

3 Likes

Hey @MissC welcome to the community!

CSTA was a blast. Thanks for the kind words about the presentation. We can’t wait to work with you.

Best of luck on winning the space kit. If there’s anything else we can do for you in the meantime, don’t hesitate to ask.

@CHoffman

1 Like

Hi Miss C! Thanks for coming to visit us. I have been having a great time working with my old Middle School and High School in Dublin! Let me know what I can do to help get Wells and DHS ready to implement Ardusat into their curriculum. I would be happy to provide a demo for your colleagues who have not seen us yet! I look forward to chatting more in the near future!

• Maureen

Had a great conversation with you the other day Maralee! Looking forward to getting your students connected to Space sooner than not!
-Maureen

So glad you were able to see us as CSTA! We are always available to provide a quick demo to you and your colleagues who would like to know more. Our Learning team is always coming up with new, interesting experiments you can try in your classroom. We would also love to hear your ideas!
-Maureen

Hi fellow explorers!

My name is Joe Sumpter and I am VP of technology for Blue Crystal Web Design. I’m also actively involved in a number of startups and provide consulting services for a number of companies who are building innovative technology. In addition I manage a Wearable Technology Meetup group in the Atlanta area.

As a consultant for non profits and small businesses in STEM education, I have been experimenting with prototyping with the Arduino and other micro-controllers. I came across the Ardusat Space Apps Challenge when investigating an idea for streaming security video across the world a couple of years ago, With the latest trends on Internet of Things and Wearables I’m really interested in using Ardusat sensors with my clients, prototypes and kids to experiment.

Anyway glad to meet everyone and can’t wait to explore the power of Ardusat with you!

-J

1 Like

Welcome Joe! Sounds like cool projects you’re working on.

Hello,

My name is Kevin Reeve, and I am a volunteer mentor with Cache Makers, a club and makerspace for kids. I have been working with a group of girls ages 11+ with the ardusat space kits. We launched our experiments on a high altitude balloon in October and reached 115k feet. Girls had a blast. Looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you.

1 Like

Regards Ardusat Community!

I am Álvaro Hidalgo Romera, most commonly known as Capi, I am a physics student from the Universidad De Granada, Spain, but currently I find myself in Kaiserslautern, Germany. Currently I am working as HiWi in the Arbeit Groups of Artur Widera in the TU Kaiserslautern. In this job I discovered the world of Arduino. For my Bachelor Thesis I am building an Altimeter, for a model rocket, with the project GranaSat.
I discovered Ardusat by chance, while I was taking a look in Linkedin.
I realized soon that I could develop my project and share here my progress, I look for another challenges in this area in the future.

Welcome Capi! We’re glad you found us and look forward to updates about your project.

Hi All,
My name is Carlo Diminico and I am interested in the range of different projects that Ardusat offers for my kids, aged 8 and 11. I want them to start getting hand on with technology with a particular interest in both space and applied physics. I am interested in working on a high altitude ballooning project with them. I am confident we are going to buy the Ardusat Space Kit to start off. Can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of ground work and reasonable expectations. I aim for both of them to get science fair experience and projects. Thanks for any advice in advance.
Regards,

Hi Carlo! Welcome to the Ardusat Community!

I’d recommend getting a space kit, then having them go through the Getting Started Guide (http://ardusat.com/launch). After they get some of the basics down I’d have them pick a few missions and experiments they are interested in trying and working through them with your kids. We have had kids use some of our experiments as science fair projects. The most popular one I’ve heard of is using the “Zombie Detector” mission.

Welcome!

Hello Carlo, Welcome. Regarding high altitude balloons, we have worked with several groups that use our sensors to run experiments on their balloon payloads. Here is a fun video put together by one of our customers Cache Valley Makers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxaKxS5POmY
Here is a writeup in our Experiment Platform:
https://experiments.ardusat.com/#/public/BPeters/cache-valley-makers-high-altitude-balloon-temperature