AstroSchool Cohort Winter 2019

Jill Weaver
Elementary Ed Degree 1-8
Middle School Science Teacher Ohio
I am passionate about STEM/PBL
@jillsciteach

1 Like

Hi Mindy!
Glad to reconnect with you. I am so glad to see that you have a gifted program in your area. We don’t have that where I teach and I feel like the gifted kids tend to get the short end of the stick because the focus is always on the kids who are struggling. I think you went to SET SAIL last summer. Were you able to apply what you learned to your classes?
Leslie

1 Like

I just would like to say thank you so much for this opporurtunity! I am having so much fun! I’ve been having my son work on the projects with me and he loves it!!! Happy Super Blood Wolf Moon Eclipse Everyone!!!

2 Likes

nope. Thanks, though. It would let me change everything else, but not the name.

1 Like

super cute Beaker gif! No - it won’t let me change the name.
Also, in the Because Learning platform, my user name is changed, but my profile pic will not save.
May just be an issue with my computer.

1 Like

Oh my goodness!! I’m soooo doing this next year! <3

2 Likes

Welcome to AstroSchool Winter 2019! We are thrilled to have you as part of the cohort. Take a minute and introduce yourself:
1.What is your name where are you located?
Hello! My name is Erin and I am working through the cohort independently during summer of 2019. I am located in Great Falls, Montana.
2.What is your background?
I have Montana teaching endorsements in the following: elementary education, ESL, and special education.
3.What, where, and who do you teach?
I currently teach at the Montana School for the Deaf and the Blind in the Visually Impaired Department. Each years provides me with new teaching experiences. I have taught every grade from K-12 in some capacity, whether it be art, science, health, ELA, math, social studies, etc.
4.What are you passionate about?
I am very passionate about STEM/STEAM education! I love watching students work together to solve a problem and explaining how the problem was solved.

1 Like

Thanks for participating, Erin!

I cannot wait to share this with my students!