AstroSchool Cohort Fall 2020

Welcome to AstroSchool Fall 2020! We are thrilled to have you as part of the cohort. Take a minute and introduce yourself:

What is your name where are you located?
What is your background?
What, where, and who do you teach?
What are you passionate about?
Do you have social media account(s) that you would like to share so others from the cohort may connect with you (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook)? * optional
Upload a picture of yourself. * optional
Back to the AstroSchool Fall 2020 Information Page https://www.becauselearning.com/astro2020

Kevin Cocco - Salt Lake City, Utah
Computer Scientist, HW/SW Development
Teach Physical Computing workshops & PD (like AstroSchool) around the world. Science, Engineering, Computer Science Teachers (sometimes students) Elementary to Higher Ed.
Gardening/Edible landscaping, backcountry snowboarding, hiking, solar, making
twitter @KCocco
Me on the right. Left: Astronaut Dr. John-David Bartoe member of ASE (our AstroSchool Sponsor!)

Hi there! Welcome to AstroSchool Fall 2020! So excited to work with you all!
My name is Sunny Washington and I’m the CEO at Because Learning. I’ve worked in education technology for nearly 20 years now and I love working with teachers and learning about best practices of integrating STEM into the classroom!
In my free time, I keep busy with my 2 girls, husband, and 2 misbehaving dogs, who are all so great supporting me and the work that I do.
You can find me on Twitter @sunnywash

HI Sunny,
It’s good to be part of Because Learning program.I am looking forward to using with my students at Juab junior High School.
Stuart

Great to have you, Stuart!

What is your name where are you located? Melissa Sleeper, Vero Beach, Florida
What is your background? I am a Nationallt Board Certified Teacher.
What, where, and who do you teach? I currently teach Marine Science, Robotics, and 8th grade science at Gifford Middle School in Vero Beach, Florida.
What are you passionate about? Learning! I love to learn and strive to instill in my students a desire to become a lifelong learner.
Do you have social media account(s) that you would like to share so others from the cohort may connect with you (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook)? * optional @scicrzy

1 Like

I’m Lisa Wininger. I am a STEM administrator for the State of Michigan serving 30,000 students and their teachers.
As a former NASA Fellow, I am passionate about all things air and space.
Website: mistemregion9.org, Twitter @MiSTEMWestCent1, FB @mistemwestcentral9
0BD17AF6-917C-4C9D-B541-F262ADF16404_4_5005_c

1 Like

Randie Orong - Fallon, NV. Home of NAS Fallon and Navy’s Elite TopGun.
STEAM Smartlab Facilitator for 6-8 grade students
I enjoy guiding my students with hands on activity that challenges them to use their creativity, problem solving, collaboration and critical thinking skills to design solution to challenges.
Twitter @CCMSSmartlab
Headshot%203

1 Like

Thrilled to have you join, Randie!

Looking forward to collaborating with you, Lisa!

Thanks for joining this group!

Daniel Stock - Lafayette Louisiana

I am a 6th grade science teacher at L.J. Alleman Fine Arts Magnet Academy

I am passionate about my family, teaching, traveling, art, the outdoors, history, the truth, and verifiable facts.

IMG_3769

Great to have you, Daniel! Love the pic of the Alamo in the background!

What is your name where are you located? My name is Steve Kirsche and I’m in St. Johns, FL.
What is your background? I became a teacher as a second career about 10 years ago.
What, where, and who do you teach? This year, I am working as a science coach where I work with teachers from the 21 middle and high schools around our district.
What are you passionate about? I’m an avid runner and a huge Star Wars fan.
Do you have social media account(s) that you would like to share so others from the cohort may connect with you (Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook)? Twitter: @SteveKirsche

Great to have you here, Steve!